The cost of the tour will include:
- 7 nights in a well-appointed, Western-style hotel (single occupancy or elective double)
- 3 nights in either a Japanese-style inn or a traditional, Japanese townhouse typical of historic Kyoto known as a machiya (double occupancy in tatami mat rooms for the more authentic experience of traditional Japan)
- Breakfast every day, lunch on days with scheduled itinerary activities, and dinner on three nights (instead of overscheduling meals, our tour will provide for days with free choice of restaurants as well as honoring one’s appetite and desire to share meals or have more downtime)
- Admission to temples, gardens, performances, or classes listed on the itinerary
- Transportation to/from scheduled sights, activities, and meals
- Once-daily yoga practice with Carrie, accommodating varied levels of experience or skill
The cost of the tour will not include:
- Airfare or ground transportation to/from airports (your respective US airport and your arrival/departure airports in Japan, with two airports in Osaka being closest to Kyoto) and to your first hotel/from your last lodging facility on the tour schedule
- Additional meals to those provided as indicated on the itinerary, snacks, or alcohol (Countless restaurants and plenty of low-cost groceries can be found.)
- Elective admission to additional temples, gardens, and other venues/events not specified on the itinerary
- Elective activities and shopping; transportation to/from elective activities
*Total investment for tour (minus excluded expenses): $3400
**Early bird rate for those who register and make full payment for tour by March 25th, 2018: $3200
A $500 deposit by check or money order will secure your place on the tour and is requested as soon as you sign up for the tour. If signing up in time for the early bird discount, the balance of $2700 would be due by March 10th, 2018. Otherwise, the balance of $2900 would be due within two weeks of making your deposit and no later than March 31st, 2018. Please contact Carrie if you would like to discuss special arrangements for your payment schedule, and she will do her best to facilitate your participation.
It is highly recommended that you purchase traveler’s insurance to protect yourself against unforeseen events that may prompt your withdrawal from the tour. Refund schedule on full payment for the tour: 100% refund if you cancel by March 10th, 2018; 50% refund if you cancel by March 31st, 2018, 25% refund if you cancel by April 15th, 2018; 0% refund after April 15th, 2018. If you cancel and the tour fills up to seven participants after your cancellation, you are eligible to receive a full refund minus $250 in administrative fees. If more than one participant cancels and the tour fills up to seven participants, full refund eligibility minus $250 in administrative fees would be based on the cancelling participant providing a replacement participant or on the order of cancellations so that the first participant to cancel would be the first eligible for a refund if the tour filled to capacity. If Carrie cancels the tour, you will receive a full, 100% refund for the tour. Please do not purchase plane tickets until Carrie confirms enough participants for the tour. Carrie is not responsible for plane ticket purchases or refunds.