The cost of the tour will include:
- 7 nights in a well-appointed, Western-style hotel (single occupancy or elective double)
- 3 nights in either a Japanese-style inn or a traditional, Japanese townhouse typical of historic Kyoto known as a machiya (double occupancy in tatami mat rooms for the more authentic experience of traditional Japan)
- Breakfast every day, lunch on days with scheduled itinerary activities, and dinner on three nights (instead of overscheduling meals, our tour will provide for days with free choice of restaurants as well as honoring one’s appetite and desire to share meals or have more downtime)
- Admission to temples, gardens, performances, or classes listed on the itinerary
- Transportation to/from scheduled sights, activities, and meals
- Once-daily yoga practice with Carrie, accommodating varied levels of experience or skill
The cost of the tour will not include:
- Airfare or ground transportation to/from airports (your respective US airport and your arrival/departure airports in Japan, with two airports in Osaka being closest to Kyoto) and to your first hotel/from your last lodging facility on the tour schedule
- Additional meals to those provided as indicated on the itinerary, snacks, or alcohol (Countless restaurants and plenty of low-cost groceries can be found.)
- Elective admission to additional temples, gardens, and other venues/events not specified on the itinerary
- Elective activities and shopping; transportation to/from elective activities
*Total investment for tour (minus excluded expenses): $3350.
**Early bird rate for those who register and make full payment for tour by January 7th, 2017: $3200; Earliest bird rate for full payment by December 15th, 2016: $3150.
A $500 deposit by check or money order will secure your place on the tour and is requested as soon as you sign up for the tour. The balance of $2850 is due by January 15th, 2017 (or within two weeks of registering if you have signed up later than January 15th) and may be paid by check, money order, or credit card. If the tour cost is paid in full by January 7th, 2017, a $150 early bird discount may be applied as noted above for a total investment of $3200. If the tour cost is paid in full by December 15th, 2016, a $200 earliest bird discount may be applied as noted above for a total investment of $3150. Please contact Carrie if you would like to discuss special arrangements for your payment schedule, and she will do her best to facilitate your participation.
It is highly recommended that you purchase traveler’s insurance to protect yourself against unforeseen events that may prompt your withdrawal from the tour. Refund schedule on full payment for the tour: 100% refund if you cancel by January 15th, 2017; 75% refund if you cancel by February 1st, 2017; 50% refund if you cancel by March 1st, 2017, 25% refund if you cancel by April 1st, 2017; and 0% refund after April 1st, 2017. If you cancel and the tour fills up to seven participants after your cancellation, you will receive a full refund minus $250 in administrative fees. If more than one participant cancels and the tour fills up to seven participants, full refund eligibility minus administrative feels will be based on the cancelling participant providing a replacement participant or on the order of cancellations so that the first participant to cancel would be the first eligible for a refund if the tour filled to capacity. If Carrie cancels the tour, you will receive a full, 100% refund for the tour. Please do not purchase plane tickets until Carrie confirms enough participants for the tour. Carrie is not responsible for plane ticket purchases or refunds.